Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Criminal of the Day - Murderer!


"Yes, it was me," shrieked Ms. LePlume. "I spent my entire professional life serving that ant! I fought my way up from lowly zoo bird to highly party bird! For what? To have it all ruined with the invitation of DISGUSTING satyrs and filthy Leprechauns! Shame! Oh, shame!"
"Tell it to the Squid-Judge," said Noseworthy.
Ms. LePlume ran to the window and jumped, "Never!"
A strong gust caught her under the belly. It seemed, at first, as if it might carry her straight to the Land of Glitter that she always imagined was just beyond the horizon. But this was folly. She could no more fly then her peacock cousins could swim.
Atop the lighthouse, Manfred the Pelican watched Ms. LePlume tumble onto the rocks below. As the tide washed her broken body out to sea, he wondered absently when he was scheduled to teach his first class of the semester at the university.

No comments:

Post a Comment